Our client is a global energy company that has operational assets of both LNG and Oil delivering high value energy that meets the needs of society with a mix of greenfield and brownfield assets. EIM is leveraged to drive the embedded value of sustainability with the aspiration to set the industry standard for sustainability in this sector globally.
Our client was using an EIM solution based on technology that needed an upgrade, an architecture that was not scalable and providing fault tolerance, resulting in poor response times for end-users and lack of ability to respond to business requests to improve the solution.
Astral provided an EIMaaS solution for the OpenText Documentum solution. This included initially migrating the existing system to a customer owned private cloud system and then performing an upgrade to the latest Documentum version.
An innovative and cost-effective application support solution for the EIM solution was provided by Astral byu teaming with its strategic partners to leverage a global delivery platform and expertise around the OpenText Documentum product suite.
- 24 X 7 Application Support Globally
- Upgrade to latest version of the Documentum solution.
- Consulting Services to extend the Business Functionality and value of the solution.
- Extended xECM
- Controlled Documents for vital business documents.
- Integration of SharePoint Portal with Enterprise Repository
Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
Lower overall cost of Ownership, leverage Modern technology stack
Decoupling of Service
Customer owns platform.
Customer owns licence
Information available 24 X 7
No interruptions to uptime
Delivery – Cloud First
The Approach: Our client had their existing solution under a managed service platform with another vendor, it was hosted on a server platform based in the USA with minimum opportunity for enhancements due to lack of detailed knowledge of the customers business needs. There only options were high cost and high risk of not getting a business outcome.
The stages were broadly:
- Astral undertook a feasibility study of the clients solution and business requirements to determine business requirements for an EIMaaS offering which resulted in a BRD covering the solution end to end including platform architecture on a private cloud.
- The BRD was used as a basis of a go to market initiative driven by the client.
- Astral responded to this RFP and was invited to complete a test migration from the existing vendors platform which was successful.
- The Documentum solution was implemented in the clients private cloud platform, which they managed the licences and the relationship with their cloud supplier.
- The data was migrated into this new environment and then Documentum was upgraded to the current version of the product.
Our client understood that they required specialist skills for the uplift of the solution, migration of the data and ongoing business support for the solution. Astral were able to meet all these needs pulling together a global team including our long term business partner Delaware Consulting to provide both Documentum expertise but also the 24 X 7 platform support globally.
Managing the Change: This is integrated into every aspect of the service offering, beginning from when we start the business engagement and delivered as a component of every interaction of a support case ongoing for the full term of the engagement.
“Astral’s agility and global delivery model enabled us to work together to successfully migrate and uplift our on-prem ECM solution to Astral’s cloud based EIMaaS delivery framework.
Both on time and budget, Astral delivered significant and immediate business benefits whilst realising ongoing cost savings.
Senior Executive –
Global Energy Company
About Astral Consulting
Astral has been a leader in information management and the implementation of business change for 21years. We have implemented solutions that include policies and business rules, covering end-to-end business process and integrating structured and unstructured information. Our skills and
experience combine to build compliance into process and enable end users to optimise both business and compliance success. Astral is an organisation highly regarded for its knowledge, advice and independence. http://www.astral.consulting