Our client is a national peak body for a professional services association comprising 170,000 individual members. The organisation is committed to promoting professional development and advocacy for its industry. Astral was engaged to ensure its members’ records management system aligned with strategic business and compliance requirements.
This organisation required the implementation of a quality assurance regime to meet a range of challenges, including:
- Lack of a uniform approach to managing member information, data and records
- Difficulties managing member interactions and communications in a secure, timely and responsive manner
- Legacy physical records stored in multiple storage areas across different state offices
- Inconsistent standards for managing member communications and interactions.
Astral worked with the organisation’s member services teams to scope, plan, execute and provide quality assurance oversight to the implementation of a new members records management system, which included:
- Improved responsiveness and service delivery times for members
- Reduced legal liability & corporate compliance risks
- Greater clarity of information governance, roles and responsibilities
- Reduction of manual processes and their inherent risks and inefficiencies
- Increased efficiencies through digitising processes and rationalising disparate data sets & repositories into a single digital platform.
- Reconciliation of member metadata and document naming schemas
- Quality assurance of third-party digitisation services
- Testing digitisation processes to ensure the technical quality, automated metadata capture accuracy and compliance.
In addition, Astral provided strategic advice on:
- Metadata management
- Contract management controls for third-party service providers
- Quality assurance mechanisms.
As a result of this engagement, our client successfully delivered on its customer service obligations to its members, which moved our client from an ‘initial’ to a ‘defined’ stage of information governance maturity.