Our customer is an energy company that operates in Australasia and North America.
Our client was looking for an alternative enterprise information management (EIM) platform to better meet their business requirements. Their key challenges included:
- Current EIM solution was out-of-date and not running on scalable, fault-tolerant architecture
- Poor response times to fixing issues
- Lack of flexibility in responding to business requests for changes and improvements
- Excessive administrative overheads to manage the platform.
The organisation engaged Astral to deliver EIM as a Service. This involved upfront delivery of all technical and business support services as a complete service package tailored to the client’s needs.
The business required migration and consolidation of existing systems and content to a private cloud environment and upgrading to the latest version of the selected Content Services Platform (CSP).
To deliver an innovative and cost-effective application support service for the EIM solution, Astral teamed with its strategic partners to leverage a global delivery and support team.
The advantages of the EIMaaS approach include:
- Ability to access information promptly without interruption
- Lower overall cost of ownership and reduced IT and business risk
- Modern technology stack to deliver agility for future requirements
- Cloud-first principle
- Data is secure and replicated
- Reduced separation risk through contract, license and platform ownership.
- EIMaaS reduced the complexity and deployment costs
- Single, highly integrated information management platform
- Tailored to specific client needs
- High level of technical, business and governance support
- Greater consistency in information management standards across the enterprise
- Improved user experience, system reliability and performance.