Our client is a global producer of industrial chemicals for various industries, including mining and resource exploration.
Driven by a risk-reduction objectives, the business recognised the need to rapidly improve information management maturity across the whole organisation to address a range of operational issues, including:
- Disparate systems and processes used to manage operational procedures and other controlled documents.
- Complexity of aligning asset information throughout its lifecycle with no common classification standards.
- Lack of integration between information (e.g. documents, drawings, reports) and operational business processes (e.g. maintenance work order management, procurement, risk management)
- The need to ensure operational safety through improved management of WH&S information and processes.
Astral designed and delivered a solution based on an integrated ERP and CSP information management platform.
Working closely with the client and SAP delivery partners, Astral managed the design, deployment and integration of Content Services.
We also managed migration of information, including controlled documents, from legacy systems into the new platform.
Our focus was not just on solution deployment – we worked with our client to design and implement a global standard for operational information classification. We also supported our client in managing business process change and strengthening internal information governance capabilities.
Astral’s experience on global projects is enabled through our ‘follow the sun’ implementation team, based in Australia, Asia and Europe. This reduced the deployment time and enabled rapid benefits realisation.
- Established a single source of truth for all operational documents
- Improved staff productivity by aligning information, data and core business processes (ERP)
- Minimised human, environmental and business risks by reducing inaccurate operational information
- Reduced operational costs through improved efficiency in asset hand-over and maintenance
- Created a robust information governance culture with minimal administrative overhead.
“By defining a common standard for managing controlled documents, and linking that into our SAP environment, we have far greater confidence that the information we are using is the information we should be using.”
Operational Risk Manager – Resource Industry Manufacturer