EIMaaS Use Case
Our customer is an energy company that operates in Australasia and North America, who had been using an EIM as a service provider for a number of years, but were looking for an alternative provider better able to meet its business requirements.
- The EIM solution used out-of-date technology which needed to be upgraded
- The EIM solution was not running on scalable, fault tolerant architecture
- Poor response times for responding to issues raised
- Lack of flexibility to respond to business requests for changes/improvements to the solution
Solution Overview and Functionality
The organisation engaged Astral to provide EIMaaS services for the OpenText Documentum solution. This included initially migrating the existing system to a private cloud system and then performing an upgrade to the latest Documentum version.
To deliver an innovative and cost-effective application support solution for the EIM solution, Astral teamed with its strategic partners to leverage a global delivery platform and expertise around the OpenText Documentum product suite. Our delivery experience enabled us to deliver as a seamless blended team and leverage the best resource model.
- Ability to access information in a timely manner without interruption
- Lower overall cost of ownership and reduced IT/business risk
- Leverages a modern technology stack, provides agility in how the service and technology can be used for future requirements, and Cloud 1st principle.
- Reduced separation risk through contract ownership, data is secure and replicated.
- The organisation owns the platform contract
- The organisation owns the Licenses
- Astral’s service is decoupled