Implementation Use Case
For a utility organisation, the existing business process to contract a new or existing customer was very manual. On receipt of a contract the customer must print, sign, initial each page, scan and send back their contract(s) to accept the service provider energy offer. The energy supplier Service Delivery Team then need to ensure all signatures are present and no markups to the contract have been made. This manual process is repeated for approx. 5000 contracts per year.
- At least 39 clicks were needed to complete current CRM retention process and full process could take up to 30 minutes, resulting in a very inefficient process.
- Complex hierarchy and inconsistency at various levels made navigation through folders very difficult.
- Limited discovery capability due to unavailability of document and full text search.
- Frustrating and inconvenient process for customer to print, sign, scan and email contract.
- High volume back log reduces customer focus.
Solution Overview and Functionality
A streamlined contract approval process was implemented that used an integrated eSignature solution (OpenText and DocuSign) to streamline the customer signature process. An automated business process was established so that the solution manages the digital sending and signing process for the contract until final approval is granted by authorised users in SAP. The solution includes the following capabilities:
- Improved management and discovery of content with availability of filter based on metadata categories, saved searches and full text search of documents to find keywords.
- Common working area across all customers, contracts, opportunities and quotations with automatically created workspaces for salespeople to store and manage documents inline to SAP data.
- Drag and drop functionality to capture content associated with contracts.
- Simplified process with 80% reduction in processing time.
- Enabled customers to complete processes on the go and eliminated the need to print, witness, scan & email contracts to the utility organisation.
- Reduced service delivery handling time as contract validation and auditing is managed within DocuSign.
- Reduction in sales team re-work due to expired contracts as DocuSign manages the expiry and notification of contracts.
- Improved search functionality, search time reduced from 4-5 minutes to less than a minute on average to find a document.